Home > DSA > DSA Visual Arts
DSA Visual Arts
Criteria for Visual Art
1. All DSA (Visual Art) applicants should have a keen interest in Visual Arts.
2. All applicants should exhibit a positive attitude and commitment towards learning. All applicants should be able to demonstrate an ability to collaborate and work with others.
3. All DSA applicants will be required to take a Visual Art task assessment for DSA admission consideration. As this is DSA for Visual Art, there will be no General Academic Ability Tests administered.
4. Interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants. During the interview, other evidence of visual art talent, such as portfolios of the applicant’s original artwork, should be showcased to the interview panel. Please bring the originals only.
5. All students enrolled through DSA(Visual Arts) will be members of the CCA, Art Club. They are expected to remain in the Art Club throughout their secondary education with OPSS.
6. All DSA students will be offering Art as an elective subject at national level examinations in secondary 4. There will be interim review on their progress in art at the end of secondary 1, and again at secondary 2. Their art results will be closely monitored. Parents will be kept informed of their progress, especially at the upper secondary level.
7. All DSA students will participate in special projects and service learning under Art Department’s social outreach programme. All DSA students (at secondary 3) will also participate in Enhanced Art Programme (EAP) special projects organised for all EAP schools by the Arts Education Branch, Student Development Curriculum Division, MOE.
Appointment for Visual Art task and/or interview
All shortlisted applicants will be informed of the date for the Visual Art task test and/or interview.
Supporting documents to bring for the interview:
1. Achievements in Art (exhibitions, competitions and/or art-related awards)
2. Original portfolio
3. Referral / recommendation letter by school (if any)
In the event that the applicant is unable to sit for the Visual Art task test and/or attend the interview on the appointed date, the parent/guardian should call the school at 6759 8547 ext 205 (Ms Phoon Yin Mei, Kiki) or ext 106 (Mdm Valar) in advance to make a new appointment.
Mdm Sharon Teo
Updated on 5th May '21'