Home > DSA > DSA Leadership
In Orchid Park Secondary School, our mission is to nurture and develop every student to become an engaged *leader so that they can lead and serve with compassion.
We believe that every student can be nurtured to be a leader to lead themselves and/or others and we desire our Orchidians to achieve the following outcomes:
• An Orchidian with a ‘can do’ attitude who has initiative and volunteers
• An Orchidian with a positive outlook who is able to rally others to work towards set goals
• An Orchidian who is resourceful and perceptive
• An Orchidian who fosters collaboration and values diverse views
• An Orchidian who is compassionate towards their fellow men
DSA Leadership is not a CCA. All students enrolled through DSA leadership are expected to take up a CCA. They are expected to serve in the school’s student councilthroughout their secondary education with Orchid Park Secondary School.
*Please click on the link above for more info
CRITERIA FOR LEADERSHIP
P6 students who meet the following criteria may apply:
1) Students who have experience in leadership:
- Held leadership position(s) in their primary school e.g. Prefects, CCA Leaders/Captains, Class Monitors, NE Ambassadors etc.
- Led or co-organised in school, cohort or class activities
- Conduct grade of at least ‘Very Good’ in his/her Primary 5 and Primary 6 school report
* Please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted/given an offer.
Student Council teacher-in-charge