Learning for Life Programme
COMMUNITY YOUTH LEADERSHIP
|1. All DSA applicants should
- have a keen interest and passion in leading their peers in service to the community leadership;
- exhibit positive attitude and commitment towards learning and community service
- attain a Conduct Grade of ‘Very Good’ or better in Primary 5 (overall) and Primary 6 (mid-year)
2. Students who have had experiences or would embrace opportunities in the following areas may apply:
- Local and/or overseas service learning
- Community outreach and VIA projects
3. All DSA applicants will be required to provide documentary evidence of their conduct and participation in community service. Interviews will be conducted where necessary.
4. All students enrolled through DSA will be appointed as a CORE (Community OutReach Education) Leader and lead their peers in cohort level service learning projects.
5. All successful DSA applicants are expected to initiate and champion at least one service learning project that impacts the community, during their secondary education with OPSS.
Interested students can download, complete and submit the hardcopy application form. The form can be downloaded here:
Submission with supporting documents should be made in person/by courier to:
a. The applicant’s school examination results from Primary 5 to 6.
b. Certificates and awards that showcase student’s development in leadership and participation in service learning projects.
c. A personal statement detailing student’s passionin serving the community.
d. Referral / recommendation letter by school (if any).
Applicants may begin submitting their application from 7 May 2018.
Last date for submission of DSA application: 6 August 2018 (Monday) 5 pm.
2. Appointment for interview
All applicants will be informed of the date for the interview.
In event that the applicant is unable to attend the interview on the appointed date, the parent/guardian should call the school at 6759 8547 ext 205 (Ms Phoon Yin Mei, Kiki) or ext 106 (Mdm Valar) in advance to make a new appointment.
3. Results of Application
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their DSA application by early September.
Successful DSA-Sec candidates are not allowed to participate in the S1 Posting Exercise. They are also not allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They are expected to honour the commitment to the OPSS during the duration of the programme they are admitted to.
4. Contact Person