"United Warm Melodious"
The Choir was established in 1999 when the school began. Since then, the choir has matured musically and grown in strength. It performs regularly in school events, as well as in public performances.
The Choir has been participating in the Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging of Choirs since 2001. In 2009, through hardwork and perseverance, the choir was awarded the prestigious Gold Award. In 2012, the choir was also awarded the Colours Award for their consistent achievements in the SYF.
The Choir had the opportunity to perform in many school and public events such as the National Day Parade in 2005, Community Concert at Singapore General Hospital in 2008 Choral Exchange Programme in Brisbane, Australia in 2010 and Joaquim Chorale Public Concert at Republic Polytechnic in 2010.
Our choir members join the choir because they have very strong love and passion for music and singing. The choir training develops them musically. But most importantly we hope to instil the following values in them through choir training.
- in executing the assigned task during training and organizing special projects.
- in managing their studies and CCA commitments.
- in attending every choir practice punctually.
- in mastering the music pieces and completing given task.
- as an individual and a performer.
- in appreciating the efforts put by fellow choir members, teachers, alumni and most importantly, the choir instructor, Ms Grace.
|2013||SYF||Certificate of Accomplishment|
|2015||SYF||Certificate of Accomplishment|
- performed at the Chijmes Hall
- participated in community programmes such as performing for the One Community Walk 2015 at Canberra Community Centre and for the Charity Carnival organized by NTU.
- organized and staged a Public Concert at TRCC in Nov 2016
|President||Annabel Tee Zi Qi||3S2|
|Vice-President||Amanda Loh Wen Yee||3A2|
|Secretary||Lin Hui Ting Jobelle||3A1|
|Librarian||Nichola Aina Manansala Rosario||3A1|
|Logistics||Yee Wei Teck Nicholas||3A2|
Go through vocal and music training
Perform for school and public events
Perform for own choir concert
- Choral workshop / master class
- Excursion to watch other school / professional group concerts
- Choir camps
- Inter-school exchange programme
- Overseas competition/ exchange programme
- Community involvement programme